Our firm handles any type of claim in which somebody has been physically injured as a result of a third party non-employer harming them due to negligence or intentional acts. We focus on catastrophic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries as well as cases that involve children.
- Should I Seek Medical Treatment After A Car Accident Even If I Feel Fine?
- How Soon After Filing A Personal Injury Claim Will A Claims Adjuster Contact Me?
- What Factors Determine The Viability Of A Personal Injury Case?
- Can A Police Report Help Or Hurt My Case? Will My Attorney Have Access To A Police Report?
- How Important Is Medical Treatment In Terms Of The Personal Injury Process?
- What Defenses Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Out On Claims?
- How Do You Encourage Your Clients To Settle In A Personal Injury Case?
- What Types Of Personal Injury Cases Does Your Firm Handle?
- Why Is It Critical To Follow Doctor’s Orders In A Personal Injury Case?
- How Do People Unintentionally Hurt Their Personal Injury Case?
What is a personal injury case?
A personal injury case occurs when someone is injured due to someone else’s negligence or in some cases intentional acts.
This type of scenario is unfortunately rather common, and there are many different ways it can play out. Every day, people are injured because of the actions (or inaction) of other people. It can happen anywhere—whether you’re driving, riding your bike, browsing items at a store, or even just walking down the street. Some of the most common personal injury scenarios include:
- Automobile, motorcycle, bike, or pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Faulty product injuries
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
After a person has been injured through no fault of their own, they are often left covering the costs of that injury. Depending on the injury, these costs can be enormous. If a person is seriously injured, they will require extensive medical care, which may or may not be covered by their insurance (if they have insurance at all). In addition, they may be unable to work and support themselves and their families. As a result, medical bills and standard cost of living bills often start adding up very quickly. A sizable percentage of Americans live only one paycheck away from financial insecurity, and most Americans live only a few paychecks away from financial insecurity. A sudden loss of your ability to work, combined with ever-increasing medical bills, can easily tip most American families into the red.
In these cases, people often find themselves completely at a loss for what to do next. They know they are drowning, but feel like they have no help and no recourse.
Thankfully, in many cases, there is help, and there is a way through to the other side. Filing a personal injury suit is one way to hold the person/people who are at fault for your injuries responsible for the costs incurred by your injuries. Experienced personal injury attorneys can help you build a case for the damages that have been done to you. They will help you fight for fair compensation that will help support you and the people who depend on you through the healing process.
Damages awarded in personal injury cases may include:
- Medical expenses
- Projected future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Household expenses
- Legal fees
If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney in Glendora, CA or the surrounding areas, the stellar legal team at Havens, Malczynski, and Grigolla are ready to help. For over 40 years, attorneys Jerry Newell, Cloyd Havens II, and Matthew Malcyzinski have served the Glendora and Los Angeles County community by providing extremely knowledgeable, empathetic, and skilled legal services in a number of different areas of practice. Havens, Malczynski, and Grigolla are particularly experienced in personal injury, and have successfully won many high-stakes personal injury cases involving traumatic brain injury, serious spinal injuries, and injuries affecting children. Call (626) 385-6303 for a free consultation on your case today.
Call for a free assessment of your needs